Saturday, December 21, 2013

Canada

So here I am in the frozen winter wonderland of western Canada. Arrived on Wednesday, and Sandy collected me from the airport and brought me back to her place in Squamish. Had coffee and caught up with Lou (hi Lou!) . Then we took the dogs for a walk by the river.  And saw so many eagles.  Eagles. About 50 of them, in trees, by the river eating dead fish, circling in the sky. Just amazing.

We headed up to Whistler on Wed evening & had dinner in the Village with one of Sandy's friends. Sandy seems to know everyone in Whistler..
On Thursday we caught the gondola up the mountain and the peak to peak gondola between Whistler & Blackcomb mountains.  So beautiful.  And even though everyone was lamenting the lack of snow, it looked pretty damn fine to me.

Later that day we went to the Scandinave Spa and spent hours in the hot tubs, cold plunge pools, steam rooms. And while we were there it started to snow.  So I was lying in a hot pool catching snowflakes on my tongue, and giggling in delight.

No comments: