Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sydney Airport

OK - so its 8:20am and here I am at Sydney Airport - through Customs & Immigration and officially out of the country, if still on land. And who would have thought - my shoes set of the alarm detector and had to go through the x-ray machine.

Allow me to brag. I was a) at the airport before the check-in desks for my flight had even opened and b) my backpack weighed a total of 10.5 kilos! All that packing, unpacking, repacking seemed to have worked... although I have no idea what actually made the final cut. Nothing like surprises on holiday!

Good thing they didn't weigh my carry-on. Possession might be a great novel for a long flight but it also weighs a tonne.

At least an hour til I board. I have bought water to take on the flight - $2.50 from the vending machine or $3.50 from the shop, I have looked at duty free goodies and not bought anything despite a high pitch sales attack from the woman at the Yves Saint Laurent makeup booth, I have read trashy magazines without purchasing and now I am about to walk around the lounge a dozen times.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

just as well I didn't hide in your luggage, I weigh more than 'possession'.
It's cool you had your shoes x-rayed... you just know that our customs officials are fighting the good fight in the war on terror.