Monday, June 23, 2008

Another day in San Sebastian

and another serving of calamari!

This morning I walked / clambered up the mountain (large hill) to the statue of Jesus that dominates the city. There is a great view across the town from there, and a fab little museum that tells of the history of the place within an old fort.

Since then I´ve had lunch in a little terrace restaurant by the port and wandered around some of the shops. Its cloudy but warm here today - perfect weather for being burnt to a crisp - which is what I think the English girls who are also staying in this b&b are doing right now on the beach. I am back at the b&b thinking about a siesta and repacking my backpack and finishing my book before heading out for a late afternoon swim and plodge along the beach. Then tonight is this fire festival Catholic thing on the beach...

And then tomorrow I head to Frankfurt - and then I´m on the homeward stretch... just think this time next week I´ll be at work (physicallly if not mentally!!! Hope you´re not expecting too much Kelly!)

Looking forward to catching up with people. I have lots of photos to bore you with. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

No comments: