Saturday, April 9, 2011

New York New York with a small stop in LA

Ok - so here I am. New York, County Inn the City, Apartment 6 - which is just as super cute and fab as I was hoping.

Flights were uneventful - which is what I wanted! Premiun economy is the best - champagne on arrival at my seat, choide of meals and wine with meals, after dinner Baileys, bottle of water waiting on the seat, noise cancelling headphone, toiletries kit with earplugs, eye mask, toothbursh etc, hot fasce towels - and heaps of movie and music choices - and lots a leg room. So I managed a respectable 4 -5 hours sleep.

Had a scathingly brilliant idea that Lea should come out to LA airport to catch up with me & have airport coffee.  Getting through US Customs & Immigration in LA took a suprisingly short amount of time. Lea trumped my idea by collecting me from the airport and taking me to her LA Venice Beach home where they a re living at the moment - and with her friend Elise who arrived hte day before - we all went to for a walk along Venice Beach, had a real coffee, watched skater dudes & cyclists and general Venice Beach people, had pizza and then  they put me in a cab back to the airport and I flew on to NY. Plane arrived early in NY - even at 900 odd kms/hr a tailwind helps! And here I am in Apartment 6, 11:30 pm Saturday 9 April. And have successfully accessed the inhouse wireless network.
Feeling amazingly coherent for all the travel - but about to collapse in a heap...  Photos to follow sometime tomorrow!

Oh and the taxi driver drove past The Met & The Guggenheim & Central Park and I saw The Empire State Building in the distance - so I am really here!

'Night.

No comments: