Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rainy Tuesdays

So after the glorious sunny high of 81F (28C) yesterday today is all grey and grim, all raincoats and scarves, hats and coats. I think we topped 52 F (11C) this afternoon - and its predicted to stay rainy for the next few days. I am glad I packed my coat. Although I did buy a little glam azure blue water repellant Spring Coat yesterday  ...  and have bought some not at all glam but very practical new shoes as the old allegedly comfortable ones have turned themselves into instruments of torture.

Hit Times Square this arvo and the TKTS half price ticket book - got tix for 'Anything Goes' [starring the amazingly named Sutton Forrest and Joel Grey (whom most of us will remember from Cabaret & others of us will recall for his fine work in Saeson 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer)]  for tonight at 8pm ($63), and wandered the streets window shopping and familiarising myself with the place. Found Radio City Hall and bought a ticket ($60) to see Madagascar Live! on Saturday arvo - suspect it will be me and 4994 children/families - I suspect this is going to be very cheesy but I have always wanted to see something in the Art Deco splendour of Radio City Hall and this is it! 

I also wandered past MOMA and became a member - unlimited entry for $60 - but didn;t go in as its closed on Tuesdays. I also get 20% discount in the MOMA shop as a new member - which could be dangerous and expensive. Between MOMA and The Met I could easily spend a fortune on books...

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

So how was anything goes? and joel grey?